In Portugal, a player arbitrarily left the field due to racism, and then sent fans on Twitter
Portugal. Primera Portugal Porto Marega Moussa
Partners tried to stop him – they were criticized.
In the 21st round of the Portuguese championship, Porto won 2-1 on a visit to Guimaraes. Moussa Mareg scored the winning goal in the 60th minute, later he complained of racism and left the field.
In chronology, it looked like this:
• Marega scored a goal and celebrated it next to other people’s stands. He hit his arm, as Samuel Eto’O had done before. From afar, the gesture could be recognized as indecent (when the arm is bent at the elbow). So, for example, in 2012 in St. Petersburg removed Spartak Emenike, who celebrated a goal in the same style. According to African customs, this gesture means gratitude to parents.
• Armchairs from the stands flew to Maregu. The player laughed, and one of them hoisted on his head and received a yellow card.
• Soon Marega gestured for a replacement and set off from the field, explaining this by racist cries from the stands. His teammates tried to stop him, Otavio especially tried. The opponent’s defender wanted to persuade the player, but this did not bring any result.
• Porto coach Sergio Conceisau replaced Marega with Wilson Manafa.
• It is interesting that in the 2016/17 season Marega played for Guimaraes (rent from Porto).
After the match, the player broke out on Twitter: “I would like to tell these idiots who come to the stadium and chant racist speech – go to ***. I also thank the judge who did not protect me and gave me a yellow card for defending the color of my skin. I hope I never see you again on the field. You are a SHAME. ”
He expressed the same thing on Instagram, attaching a photo:
A Bola reports that the referees informed the match delegate and Guimaraes representative of their intention to interrupt the game if the situation recurs, but this was not required because the player himself left the field.
Sergio Conceisau on Twitter supported his footballer by attaching the hashtag #notoracism. In an interview, he stated that Guimaraes fans had pressed Marega at a warm-up.
Otavio, who most of all persuaded Marega to stay, inherited from former Mali player Brahim Tiam, who called the Brazilian’s efforts a disgrace. “Is it not clear to you that I was trying to protect him? Ask Marega, ”Otavio said indignantly.
On Twitter, players trying to stop Marega were criticized by some journalists and publications.
The Maregi club has many more tasks this season. “Porto” almost won back a seven-point gap from “Benfica” in just a week – now it is only one point behind. There are still Europa League matches against Bayer. In May – the Portuguese Cup final with Benfica. He will need a lot of strength until the end of May.